o A time were we could ask questions about different parts of our life
o A time to stop and see what Jesus was doing around us
o How are we personally?
o Are we actively pursuing an intimate relationship with Jesus?
o Are there things slowing us down or stopping our relationship with God?
o Are we actively pursuing Jesus as a family unit?
o Are we helping each family member to grow closer to Jesus?
o Are we hindering this process in any way?
o Are we doing everything for Jesus?
o Have we separated our walk with Jesus from our daily work?
o What is Jesus doing at our works? Around and through us?
• All simple questions with powerful answers
o They all lead from one to another
o You cannot see God in our family if your soul is not right with God
o You cannot see Jesus move in our work if your family and soul are in chaos
• Today we are building upon all of the questions
o We are asking, “how is our calling?”
• A lot of times in our Christian circles we use the term “calling” to refer to folks who have joined the ranks of full time ministry
o Missionaries and pastors receive a “calling”
o Most other folks do not
• Other times we use the term when trying to figure out what unique thing we are to do in our lives
o What is my calling?
o How am I different than everyone else?
• I’m not convinced that either one of these usages are correct….