FYI – if you are wondering about the crickets on this site, please note that I am spiting my blogging time between the SpiritTribe and this site. The SpiritTribe posts are geared towards my fellow Vineyardites, while this site hosts my personal feelings and thoughts.
For those who don’t know, the SpiritTribe is a…
[box]”…Spirit-empowered missional community of young men and women in the Vineyard committed to sacrificially give their lives to the power, presence, and purposes of Jesus. It’s where this Kingdom generation of 18-30 year olds come together to dream, pray, and make God-sized difference in their own neighborhoods and across the nations of the world.[/box]
Now that the holidays are over it is time to start looking forward toward the SpiritTribe Mission Intensives. These are domestic and international trips that go beyond simply going somewhere ‘exotic’ and marking a check box on your bucket list.
These are trips that are designed to expose, train and tweak people for the Kingdom of God. They are trips for those who are tired of the same old life, tired of sitting in a church pew, tired of wondering where God is in the midst of injustice – these are trips for those who are willing to sell everything they have and join Jesus in changing the world.
While there are four such trips to different places, I am personally leading one of them – a two week intensive to Nicaragua, Central America. For this trip, we will be partnering with Vineyard Boise’s i-61 Ministries in learning about and then doing something about the seven areas of world crises:
- Spiritual Confusion
- Undeveloped Leadership
- Educational Inequalities
- Environmental Decline
- World Hunger
- Poor Health & Disease
- Human Injustice
Each morning of the intensive the team will gather together to learn about one of these seven areas before taking to the streets that afternoon to experience the issue firsthand. For example, if the issue is “world hunger”, we might get transported to the La Chureca dump site, one of the worst dumps in Central America, where we would help prepare food and feed the children who reside there. If the issue is “spiritual deadness”, we might be given the opportunity to serve into a community of the local Vineyard churches in the area.
The goal of all this, as mentioned previous, it to train, equip and tweak people into joining with Jesus in changing the world. Our heart is that after this mission intensive each team member will go back to their local community/church and start doing the stuff there – after all, Jesus is already at work everywhere, we just have to open our eyes and start walking with Him.
- Trip Dates: June 16-30, 2014
- Team size: 14 members max
- Preferred age of team member: 18 to 30~ years
- Cost: $975 USD per person (based upon a 14 member team, if smaller the cost with change)
- Price included food, lodging, and transportation in Nicaragua. Does NOT include plane tickets to Nicaragua as this will vary according to where each team member is located.
- 10% of cost is due on March 16th with the remainder due on April 16th
- Everyone interested in going should either contact me directly or go to the SpiritTribe’s Nicaragua Mission Intensive website and fill out the content form located there.
- Note that all applications for this trip will need to be returned to me by February 10th with chosen team members notified on or before February 24th