I can not believe how fast time is moving…according to my time table, it is still August!!
Part of the problem is that I have been trying to install some frost-free water hydrants as I only had one outside water faucet on the property. I saying “trying” as it has been quite the journey for such a simple task…
To begin with, I discovered via a pickax that my main water line from the well to my house was only buried 12 inches under ground. Seeing how cold it gets around here, the pipe should have been buried 3 or 4 feet down. All glory to the Lord for keeping it from freezing these past years.
Wanting to have things done right, I removed the water pipe and started digging down with the g0al of reburying the pipe at the proper depth…only to find a bunch of electric wire 16-inches under the pipe. Oh, did I mention that we discovered the wires via a backhoe? Yeah..fun times… I’m usually pretty DIY savvy, but when it comes to electricity, it’s easier and safer to get the help of local electricians.
Fast forward a bit – wires are fixed and the new water lines are in….the only thing left to do is bury everything. Not going to lie I did have to look at this interesting link to water line replacement, but I did the majority of it myself and we got there in the end!
Except that work at my day-job has picked up (meaning long weeks) and I can’t find anyone with a tractor…. on and it is getting colder and colder each day… sigh.
Time to see how strong of a back I have….oh yeah, I’m an office worker, I don’t have a strong back… double sigh.
The good news is that I got the pipes buried 2-feet under ground – meaning that everything works and they won’t freeze for the time being. Hopefully, I will find someone to bring a tractor around or I still can’t find a taker, I will continue to shovel dirt until the weather drive me inside. 🙂